Many older men in their thirties and up love younger women. They are interested! So if you're over eighteen, you can be sure that older men will want to date you.
Having said that, it can be hard to know if an older man wants you romantically or he's just being friendly. Even if he wants to ask you out, will he? Does the age difference bother him? Is he afraid to get serious because of your age?
Also it's not unusually for a young woman, perhaps in her early twenties to be interested in an older guy. So if you see that an older man might like you and you like him, the next logical step would be to go out on a date and see if there's a romantic connection.
Why Do Older Men Like Younger Women?
For the same reason, many older women like younger men! All people get concerned that they are not as attractive anymore as they get older.
Also romantic relationships are far more intense when you're young. As we age, love making changes. It's not better or worse. It's just different. It's normal for an older man to secretly want an younger woman.
Often times the passion and physical chemistry is not the same dating someone your own age or older. That's why dating someone younger is a big turn on for guys.
What Are The Signs That An Older Man Is Interested?
- He looks for reasons to spend time with you.
- He's a little more than just friendly or businesslike.
- He's always flirting with you. Perhaps even joking about going out.
- Flirting can be a way for older men to test whether asking you out is safe or not.
- If you feel chemistry with him, it's likely he feels the same way.
If An Older Man Likes Me, Why Doesn't He Ask Me Out?
Older men dream of dating younger women all the time, but that doesn't mean they'll make the first move. Why?
- Fear of rejection
- Embarrassment if you say no
- Fear of losing a good friendship with you
- Worry about what others might think
- Feelings of guilt especially if you're not much older than his daughter or son
What Can You Do If You Think An Older Man Likes You.
If you feel that an older man likes you, chances are that he does! You can almost be sure of it. If you're not interested in him romantically, be friendly but keep strict boundaries. If he's flirting and joking around with you about going out, you can do the same, but make it clear it's never going to happen (in a nice way of course).
If you do like an older guy and want to go out with him, here's what you can do.
- Learn how to be subtle and not too obvious that you're interested
- But prove to him that it's safe to ask you out and he won't be rejected
- Reassure him that your friendship will not end even if a romantic relationship doesn't work out
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do if he feels guilty for dating you because his children are your age or he's worried what his friends or business associates might think. If it seems that he's embarrassed to ask you out, be cautious. He might get over it, but it might be a rocky relationship for a many months, even years, as he tries to come to terms with his own judgments and moral values.